MICRODERMABRASION – GET THE FACTS
Microdermabrasion, sometimes called the ‘lunch time peel’ is a non-invasive, gentle process of using crystals accelerated onto the skin’s surface to remove layers of dead and damaged skin cells. We use an Italian engineered and manufactured medical grade machine. The Ultrapeel in combination with a skin absorption enhancer gives superior results.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE MICRODERMABRASION
Microdermabrasion treatments are performed by highly skilled skin therapists, and our treatments incorporate lymphatic drainage as well as non-invasive collagen stimulation and rejuvenation rather than a resurfacing treatment alone. We use only the best cosmeceutical facial products during your treatment to enhance your results.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN I HOPE TO ACHIEVE?
You will see an immediate visible result of youthful brilliance and an illumination of
dull and stressed looking skin even after one procedure of Microdermabrasion. However a program will be advised depending on your skin’s condition and aesthetic goals. A Microdermabrasion program helps maintain an even brighter, clearer, firmer and
healthier looking skin. The benefits for your skin are multiple and the results are outstanding:
- Gentle exfoliation for tired, dull skin
- Congested skin with open pores
- Acne prone skin
- Deeper frown lines and lip lines
- Skin discolouration and pigmentation
- Stretch marks
- Sun damaged skin
- Pitted, post acne scarred skin
- Scar blending and scar improvement
- Ageing hands and body skin
- Skin blemishes from ingrown hair
- Unclear complexion with blackheads WHEN ARE RESULTS NOTICED? Immediately! After your first treatment the skin feels smoother, after the third treatment the skin is visibly glowing. There is no “healing time”; you may look a little flushed after your treatment. We will finish your treatments with SPF and mineral makeup-no need to hide away for days or weeks before returning to your normal lifestyle.
DOES IT HURT?
You may experience a little discomfort during your treatment, a slight scratchy feeling at most. Your skin therapist will work within your comfort levels.
CAN MICRODERMABRASION BE INCORPORATED INTO MY USUAL FACIAL?
Yes! Microdermabrasion is a great addition to a cosmeceutical facial treatment. The exfoliation process will allow your active ingredients and vitamins to penetrate much deeper into your skin, allowing faster results.
WHAT SKIN/HEALTH CONDITIONS CANNOT BE TREATED?
- Active acne
- Vascular lesions
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Oral blood thinners
- Eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis
- Pregnant women
- Viral lesions, Herpes simplex (active)